Family owned and award-winning Scottish crystal company Glencairn Crystal Studio is marking 20 years since the birth of the world’s favourite whisky glass, The Glencairn Glass, throughout 2020.
Since its creation by Glencairn Crystal Studio in 2000, The Glencairn Glass has become an iconic must-have for whisky lovers around the world. The glass was borne out of Raymond Davidson’s (Glencairn’s Founder) vision to create a glass that would encourage the user to fully appreciate the nose and palate of a whisky, whilst being an aesthetically pleasing object. The Glencairn Glass is now THE definitive whisky glass around the world today, with over 3 million being sold each year, across 140 different countries in every corner of the globe.
The Glencairn team is set to mark this momentous anniversary in 2020 with a number of milestone moments including:
- The new Glencairn PodGlass series: a first for the brand – a series of insightful and informative podcasts with Glencairn Crystal Founder, Raymond Davidson, and guest appearances by some of the whisky industry’s more renowned and respected names – some of whom were involved in the early development of The Glencairn Glass. The first PodGlass goes live on 5th May, visit www.whiskyglass.com for details.
- New versions of the Glencairn Glass that will be added to the existing range.
- A unique fundraising initiative with the proceeds going to the company’s chosen charity partners.
- The official opening of the new expanded Glencairn Crystal Studio site in East Kilbride: which incorporates a stunning refurbishment and a substantial new build on the original Glencairn site to cater for expanding demand – all built by local businesses.
- Social media: to keep whisky lovers going through the current challenging COVID-19 climate, @TheGlencairnGlass is inviting the online community to follow them and share their favourite stay at home Glencairn moments via a new platform:
Glencairn will be revealing more details on how followers and fans can become part of their 20th Anniversary tribute later in the year.